Friday, 12 October 2012

Benefit Peek-A-Bright-Eyes Kit

As far back as I can remember, I have suffered from dark under-eye circles.  Unfortunately, it's genetic so no amount of sleep or dietary alterations will change the fact that I have deep set eyes.  There's no point moaning about such small things when there are loads of tricks you can learn to make your peepers look wide awake and fresh.  I will be doing a blog post in the near future detailing all the things I do to lighten my entire eye area and combat dark circles.  Stay tuned for that!

Today's post will feature a review of the new Benefit Peek-A-Bright-Eyes eye illuminating kit...



Benefit says: "“wake up” your look with this portable makeup kit! Illuminate, highlight and contour with three complementary shadows & famous creamy brightener, eye bright. It’s your secret to big, bright eyes!"

The kit contains:

Buff base shadow
Warm chocolate contour shadow
Pearly pink highlight shadow
Eye bright
Concealer brush
Contour brush / Liner brush


I love the holographic-accented design of the packaging.  It's fun, whimsical and practical so basically everything that I have come to expect from a Benefit product.  I like the fact that they included a lid to click over the Eye Bright as this prevents contamination from any of the powder shadows (I'm starting to sound a bit like Monica from Friends using words like 'contamination'!).  Although small, the brush applicators are actually very good quality.  When at home, I would prefer using my larger brushes to blend but I would most definitely use the ones included of I took it away with me purely out of convenience.



As you know, I am a big fan of Benefit and I have to say that this kit is perfect for me.  It's a fantastic palette to take on a weekend away or on holiday because it contains everything you need to make your eyes look bright, natural and wide awake.



The eye shadows all have impressive pigmentation, particularly the chocolate brown shade which is the perfect contour colour for daytime wear.  It's extremely easy to blend which makes for a really flawless, natural finish that softly defines your eyes.  I would advise not going mad with the contour shade or you may defeat the purpose of what you originally set out to do - make your eyes look bright and fresh.  All three shades are smooth, buttery and have a lovely finely-milled finish.  What I really love about this palette is that it's all about making the most of what you have naturally without piling on the eye make-up.  Also, the buff shade has a satin finish so your eyes don't look overly shimmery for the daytime.


I used the kit as directed:

Base shadow all over the lid and browbone
Contour shade in the crease blending upwards and out (also lined upper lashline)
Highlight shade dabbed in the middle of the lid
Eye Bright dabbed on outer an inner corners


It's swatchin time!


My only departure from the directions was that I didn't apply the chocolate shade on my lower lashline because I wanted to maximise the brightening effect by not adding any darkness to the area under my eyes.  I also applied a very fine line of black liquid eyeliner to my top lashline just to give that extra bit of definition and lift to my eyes.  It's amazing how you can change the shape of your eyes JUST by altering your make-up techniques.  That's part of why I love make-up!



The finished result of using this palette is a flawless, polished but very natural make-up look.  This kit is the perfect accompaniment to a bold red lip because it makes the most of your eyes without competing with stronger colours.  I can see myself using this palette almost every day because in my job, I never want to look over-done and this kit is perfect as a daily basic do-it-all.

With the simple instructions included with the kit, I really would say this new addition to the Benefit range is idiot-proof!  I'm giving it a big fat Liparazzi kiss of approval!

This is COMPLETELY off topic but I just had to show you Decky's new accessory!


8 comments:

  1. awww your dog is the cutest!! This kit looks great, will definitely be checking it out. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is just such a lovely dog...I don't know what we'd do without him now!

      Delete
  2. love! do you have lashes on? They look fab!

    xoxo Shauna

    kissesandcontracts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have lashes on here...they're Ardell 110...my fave lashes!

      Delete
  3. Aww Decky's looking mighty handsome & working that new accessory! :D I loooove the kits that Benefit release, the one I have is 'Her Name Is Glowla' from last year & it gets a lot of usage! The eye shadows are some of the best I've ever come across, so buttery soft!

    Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Decky is becoming quite the trendsetter.lol.
      There's something about how Benefit package the products as well that make the kits so gorgeous. I am definitely going to search out their other kits...some of them look lovely! x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's really a great little kit...I've used it every day since I got it! x

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you get a spare mo, I read every single one and I love hearing from you guys! I will always try and answer any questions you leave :)